Skip to main content

Beast Instincts Ch.2

 "Don't worry Camila, it'll just be a small bite. It won't hurt".

"NOOOOO LAUREN GET AWAY FROM ME!! STOP LAUREN!!!!!!"

When Lauren leaned close to her neck, she sniffed that familiar scent and passed out on Camila. She put all her weight on Camila and since she couldn't carry her at all, they fell down on the hardwood and made a big thud.

Camila was surprised none of her family members woke up alerted to check where that sound came from.

I guess if someone broke into the house to steal something, they wouldn't hear that either.

Camila tried to push Laurens body away from her, but she was too heavy for Camila.

What the fuck is her body made of?? Rocks??!! How can she be so heavy for someone so skinny??

Camila tried over and over again to push her away, but her body wasn't moving at all. After 5 minutes of Camila's failed attempts of moving Lauren away from her she heard Lauren groan a little, as she started to get up. Camila's heart dropped as she thought Lauren was gonna continue where she left off - but that wasn't exactly the case.

When Lauren got up, she looked around just to find Camila underneath her with a terrified look on her face. She knew at that moment she had fucked up even more and that it's time to come clean about everything. Camila deserves to know at least, since she will be stuck with Lauren for a very long time now.

Lauren got up and held out her hand for Camila, but she crawled away from her and got up on her own.

Well, I guess I deserve that after what I did...

Lauren went to sit at the corner of the attic beside the window. She knew she could be having a slightly smaller chance of Camila letting her stay with her if she played her cards right. She still doesn't want to stay by using force at all - which is her last winning card.

Lauren looked at Camila with such an innocent look and gestured for her to sit down, but Camila was so scared and mad this time. She clearly can't seem to trust Lauren to not hurt her by one touch, so she wanted her out for good.

"Well, I'm listening, Lauren. What do you have to say for yourself before you leave."

"Oh well, don't you wanna sit down..." Lauren said quietly.

"I'm good" said Camila with a cold voice.

The atmosphere was heavy and made Lauren feel very uncomfortable. She tried to ignore this feeling and focus on how to talk to Camila so she can at least be still around her. She knows her time is up because her wounds are healed but the feeling of missing those chocolate eyes if she left won't be as easy as putting a bandage to it.

"So?? Speak."

"Ummm okay, first of all I'm really sorry for all the trouble I have caused you Camila, you know I really didn't mean for it to go that far I just.....haven't really learned how to control this yet, but you are the first person that I reach this point without..."

"Killing her right??"

"Right...but you know I'm trying to control it now, and also I really need you to do this."

"What? What do you mean?? You don't need me for anything!!! But I am gonna need you to leave for good, Lauren."

"Not so fast Camz. Anyway, I don't really think you will like the sound of this, but Normani made a deal with me."

"What deal??" Camila asked even though the realization of what is going on is hitting her like a ton of bricks.

"Before you know about that, just please let me stay. I'm begging you - and I never beg people."

"No, I can't trust that you won't go crazy and hurt me or my family and friends, Lauren."

After a few moments of silence, Lauren thought that begging will work, but since it didn't then maybe then force will.

Yes, I never beg people, but that was supposed to be good enough, right?? Ughh I guess not...

"Fine, I guess I have no other choice then. Well, let me tell you about the deal, Camila."

Flashback...

"Lauren you are awake finally." Normani said while running to her.

"Yeah hey, how are you?" Lauren said while groaning.

"I'm the one who is supposed to ask that question you know. So what the hell happened???"

"Uh well, this was supposed to be something called a 'date'." Lauren said with air quotes.

"A WHAT NOW??????!!!!!" Normani asked with a shocked voice.

"Do you know what that is because I forgot to ask?" Lauren asked while chuckling.

"Yeah Lauren, of course I do and what I know is that you don't take your fucking date to the woods and try to eat them for dinner. You should fucking buy them dinner not the way around you idiot."

"Oh, so basically I fucked up."

"Big-time dude what the fuck were you thinking??"

"I don't know. I just pretended to know and I just really wanted to spend some time with her outside and she took it that way..."

"Well, the woods are still a bad option."

"I was also hungry, Normani. I wanted to haunt."

"So why did you take her with you?"

"To show off and to spend some time together."

Normani tried so hard not to roll her eyes.

"But you know showing off doesn't mean eating her right??"

"Yeah obviously, but that was just an accident."

"Excuse me?? Since when does eating people to you Jauregui mean an accident."

There was a moment of silence until Normani realized something.

"Wait you don't like her, do you??"

Lauren tried to stare at anything except Normani's eyes.

"Answer me Lauren. You don't like her, please tell me you don't." Normani said with a stern tone.

Lauren put her head down, not wanting to answer and that's when Normani knew that she was right.

"Lauren, do you even realize how dangerous that is for her?? For you?"

"I do, but-"

"No buts, Lauren this is really dangerous and right now you are being selfish. You know you should have just left the second you got the chance to. You know you can't stay with her and you still have that chance."

"Mani, you know that I'm willing to protect her, right? I really mean it. I will make sure nothing happens to her."

"Even from yourself that is then?"

"Well, Mani, that's why I wanna make a deal with you."

"No."

"Mani, pleeeease. I will get you as many humans as you want."

"No, that's too dangerous Lauren."

Lauren looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Please Mani..."

"You really won't listen to me until you learn the consequence of this huh?"

Lauren nodded.

"Fine then I guess, but you need to promise me you won't make her life a living hell because of this."

"I promise."

"Deal then, but get my humans alright?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Also learn how to take your girl to proper dates Lauren..."

"..."

End of flashback.

"So, basically Normani put the same spell that was on my mask on you which means you are my new one."

"But I didn't ask for this..."

"You didn't need to. It's already done."

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???!!!!"

"Look I never wanted to use force, but it seemed like I had to, so look at it this way Cabello: if you want to save your loved ones from being hurt simply stay with me - unless you want to see blood everywhere you go. Then you can just tell me to leave." Said Lauren, without any intentions of hurting the people who are close to her, but she made sure to sound so believable that Camila would let her stay.

Camila didn't believe Lauren's words. She really wanted her to leave, but now she can't. She knows what Lauren is capable of after she tried to hurt her twice.

The thing is Camila has always been pressured into being the perfect daughter to her parents. They always have high expectations of her and she always meets them, but that's because she knows once they knew the truth about her sexuality they will never see her in the same light again. She hopes that if she ever came out they won't be as harsh. Sadly she knows things won't be as easy as that and so she realized how she imprisoned herself in this perfect fucked up image. Camila doesn't know how much more of this will she be able to take, and now Lauren forcing her to be stuck with her is surely not making her feel any better. Camila knows the disappointed looks and harsh comments of her parents will start if she told them about Lauren and she doesn't know how long it would be until they might come to her one day and talk to her about all of this.

"Fuck you."

"Anything else? Well, I guess I can stay more. Thanks princess." Lauren said with a smirk on her face.

Camila left the attic without saying a word and went back to her room, she kept thinking about Lauren's words over and over again and thought:

Maybe she just wanted to scare me? Lauren seriously isn't gonna do such a thing right??

But staying with her could bring me some rumors, fuck...and all of this happened because I helped her, fuck that. So it's either almost forcing me out or saving my loved ones...

Camila got tired of thinking about this without finding a way out, so she decided to sleep since it was midnight and she had school tomorrow anyways.

Meanwhile, Lauren was thinking about how she is gonna fix all of this. She knows that she was being harsh, but that's all she lived with since Lauren was from a rich family. She would always get whatever she wants and if she wanted something and didn't get it, she would use force, whether it was manipulation, threats, or whatever it takes to get it. She didn't like it but what else is there to do?

Lauren knew she was being selfish, but she really wants to change this living in fear and running away. She knew changing would cost a lot, but it could be worth it. So she won't go back into living in fear and running away just because it might hurt a few people. She knows she can fix this one way or another.

---

So, Lauren decided one day to walk in the woods for a change and while she was walking, she noticed a small cabin that reminded her of her old house except smaller. She wanted to check it out. I mean what's the worst thing that can happen anyway? So, she walked towards it and checked the surroundings, Lauren thought she was hearing voices from the woods, but these voices were screaming...

TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE

It was coming from inside the cabin. The more Lauren tried to focus on the screaming voices the more she could define what these voices were...

Lauren went running inside the cabin just to find two known figures laying on the floor with blood all over the place - and Camila was holding a gun against them. Lauren was so confused as to how Camila got here in the first place and how she knew them??

Camila looked back at Lauren and smiled.

"Hey Lauren, don't you wanna say any last words to your parents???"

"Camila don't-" Lauren was cut off by the sound of gunshots planting two bullets in each body, blowing their heads off, causing blood to splash all over the cabin. Lauren was petrified to say the least, Camila was still looking at her with a blank face and said:

"How sad your last words were the killer's name huh?. I honestly thought it would be something like goodbye or I love you, but no, how weird." Said Camila while swagging the gun left and right and walking towards Lauren.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?? HOW COULD DO YOU THAT????"

"Ohh hehe, how cute you are screaming at me while you were the one who made the deal to make me stuck with you right? How very mature Lauren. You chose this, you brought this upon yourself."

"How...what? No, I never wanted this Camila. I just wanted to change my life from living in fear and running away." Lauren said with tears in her eyes.

"Lauren, I never asked for this either, remember? but instead of asking or listening you used force so now I'm stuck with you in this shithole. You know monsters and beasts, disgusting beings like you should never live in this peaceful world."

Camila reached out to Lauren and pushed her hard; she fell to the ground and groaned.

"Camila stop why are you doing this?"

"I'm making this world a better place Lauren. Beasts like you and your family have only one fate and it's death. It has always been that way, I don't know why you are acting so surprised Lauren don't you get it??? Nobody likes you, nobody wants you. You are just a mistake walking on this earth that just should be exterminated."

Lauren cried hard because she heard these words too many times for her liking. She got mad and she just wanted her to stop. She thought she could turn into her beast mode, but she just couldn't. She was just mad and crying like a normal powerless human being.

"You really wanna hurt me again, but finally realized how powerless you are? How pathetic, tell you what Lauren I'm gonna do what is best for everyone, even for you. Tell your parents I said hi."

Camila pointed the gun at Lauren with an evil smirk on her face. Lauren tried to crawl away from her, but her back hit a tree behind her. She looked at Camila with pleading eyes and tears running down her cheeks.

"CAMILA STOP-"

Lauren was again cut off by the gunshot - and that's when she woke up from her nightmare, covered in sweat and tears in her eyes. She got up and went to a window and tried to look for the moon, but she didn't find it.

Fuck, it's a moonless night.

Moonless nights in Lauren's book mean sleepless nights, nightmares, and a lot of sad episodes. Lauren wanted to scream out of frustration, but she didn't want to wake Camila or any members of the family up. So, she sat on the hardwood and started to scratch on it while crying.

After a few minutes of trying to calm herself from that nightmare and thinking about other things, Lauren realized that she is in need of a shower. Maybe that will also help her to sleep better, but Lauren again realized that she didn't have an extra change of clothes.

Fuck!!! Oh well, maybe Camila won't mind...

Or maybe I should ask her. I already made her mad enough with that deal, but she is asleep...

Lauren made her decision on taking some clothes from Camila so she wiped her tears away and then she tiptoed downstairs and went towards Camila's room. She knew it from her scent.

Should I knock??? Ohh wait no that would wake her up. Ughhh whatever it's gonna make too much noise anyway.

Lauren opened the door slowly and she heard that noisy ass door squeak and since it was really quiet, she thought it was so loud it would wake Camila up. She didn't know if she should open the door faster so that might stop it or make it slow but that would make the noise louder.

UGHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK WITH THIS SQUEAKY ASS DOOR GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!

Lauren successfully opened the door to an extent that was enough for her to go into the room. She tiptoed to Camila's bedside and whispered...

"Camz can I take some of your clothes?"

Silence...

She poked her shoulder and asked the same question again. Camila groaned a little and said a small yes then changed her sleeping position to the other side.

Lauren was gonna jump from happiness, but that was too noisy so she did a little happy dance in her head instead. Lauren thanked Camila and tiptoed again to her closet and opened it. She took some clothes and went to shower.

After she finished showering and putting on Camila's clothes, which Lauren really loved the scent of, she looked around Camila's room searching for a clock. Once she found it she realized that it was close to Camila's wake-up time. Lauren thought it would be a nice gesture to make her some hot chocolate as a thank you for letting her wear some of her clothes and letting her stay - well staying is by force but she will forever be grateful Camila was cooperative. Besides, Lauren is trying to make things better and show Camila that being stuck with her isn't as bad as it sounds.

Lauren went to the kitchen to make Camila the hot chocolate and tried as hard as she could to make as little noises as possible. After she finished making the hot cocoa she went to Camila's room and put it on her desk and took a note to write down how thankful she is for everything. After she finished, she kissed Camila's cheek then looked at her lips. Just one time it won't hurt.. She kissed her lips and then went to the attic again.

She went to her bed and found a book there titled:

How To Treat Your Human Right.

Lauren saw a note on the top of it, she picked it up to read it.

Hey Lauren, this is from your best friend Mani. I sent you this book so you would know a little more about the human world and not fuck it up more with Camila since you are so determined to be with her. Remember not to take her to the woods to eat her FOR A DATE.

"Gee thanks Mani" Lauren said while picking up the book. She sat down on the hardwood and began to read since there was nothing else to do.

---

When Camila woke up, she rubbed her eyes and looked around for the alarm. She was relieved it was still early so she still has some time to do other things, she noticed the hot chocolate beside her and thought:

Aww thanks mom, how unusual...

There was also a note beside it. She took it to read.

Morning Camz, I just wanted to thank you for letting me take some of your clothes and also staying here <3.

Lauren.

What the...?

Camila was surprised Lauren did this, is it really normal for beasts to try to kill you and be nice after? Camila thought maybe it was a one-time thing, but a thank you would nice right?

Camila drank the hot chocolate and went on with her daily routine without checking on Lauren, since her wounds are healed anyways. Camila also thought she could make her something. It was only fair since Lauren made something too.

Camila went to her school which is what she considered as hell until she saw her two best friends. Well, they made school less of hell for her. So, she was grateful for it, but she wasn't grateful for getting picked on by every asshole that's passing by; and it's not like her friends didn't try to help - they did. Dinah was willing to give a ploy beatdown to every asshole that has said a disgusting thing about Mila, but they wouldn't stop and Camila didn't want Dinah to be a target too.

The thing is: this fucking school is ruled by a rich prick who thinks he can do whatever he pleases because his uncle is the headmaster and lets him get away with anything. That disgusting dorito ass-looking asshole is Austin Mahone and he is friends with this tall guy that seems to be having a crush on him: Shawn Mendes. He literally does whatever Austin tells him like a puppet on a leash.

Austin has been harassing Camila ever since he first got his eyes on her and she made it clear that she is not interested, but he kept pushing it to this day; because Camila is the only girl that keeps rejecting him- probably because his pride can't handle it. So, he once threatened Dinah and Ally that they would get expelled if they stood up for Camila, and well Camila doesn't want her friends to get expelled because this prick doesn't understand a simple No. So, she told them off and that she can handle this on her own - well, she hopes she can endure it until she graduates and that nothing bad will happen before then.

The first period went annoyingly as usual, the second period was no different, the third period still no change in shit, and finally lunch break gave a break from all the bullshit. Camila went to sit beside Dinah and Ally as always.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey Wallz." Dinah said while giggling.

"Hi Mila, how are you?" Ally said while taking a bite from her sandwich.

"Not fine, that weekend was so fucking brutal."

"Why? What happened?" Dinah asked, confused.

"The usual, all the parents pressure into being perfect and shit. I'm really getting sick of it."

"Did you try to speak up about it?" Ally asked.

"Of course I did, but they kept saying that they are only doing this because they want what is best for me and I understand that and appreciate it. Just not in that way."

"They really need to chill. You know, Mila's parents tend to suck sometimes when they want what is best for their perfect daughter."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

"Chancho I just wanna tell you that you don't have to be perfect around us or anything if that makes it better. So, enough about this bullshit. How about a movie in my place next week?" Dinah asked excitedly.

"Thanks, cheechee and yeah that would be really good."

"Smallz, you think you can make it?"

"What's that supposed to mean? Yeah I am."

"Oh, nothing. It's the fact that my house is a little bit far so hopefully your short legs won't fall off and get tired of walking."

"Dinah! That never happened...Okay maybe once or twice, but still don't call me out like that."

"I wouldn't have to. It's just a known fact at this point." Dinah said, teasing Ally.

The girls laughed it off and the bell rang, they heard the students whining as always and went to their classes. The rest of the day went as normal with the usual bad words thrown and whispers here and there but Camila ignored it all. She is surprised she didn't see Austin anywhere, that was unusual. Oh well maybe he finally understood the meaning of NO, how good.

The girls met behind the school after classes as usual and talked a little bit more about what happened to them during the weekend, but Camila of course didn't talk about Lauren at all. The girls walked together to their places after and Camila was very grateful for this every day. When Camila said her goodbyes to them and went to her home Ally turned to Dinah and said:

"Something is troubling her right? Did you catch up on it?"

"Yup of course Ally, I wonder what happened...wait what if she actually met someone and she doesn't wanna tell us!!!"

"Really Dinah?? I think it's something that involves her parents and not everything is about relationships."

"Oh well, maybe you are right, either way when she feels comfortable she will tell us."

"Yeah, I guess."

"So, how are you and Troy???"

"Well, the usual you know..." and the girls continued to talk about their private lives on the way home.

---

Camila went to get herself something to eat. She got a banana, hot coco and went to her room to study since she is a straight A's student.

After Camila finished it was probably 8pm. Camila laid on her bed while scrolling through her tumblr. She heard this weird noise of someone scratching wood. At first she thought she was imagining stuff so she ignored it when it stopped, but then she heard it again and again. At this point she was sure she wasn't imagining it.

What the hell? I don't have a dog here...

Wait...wood...ohhh Lauren.

Camila remembered that she wanted to thank Lauren after what she gave her in the morning, so she went to the kitchen and made a fruit salad. Well, it's not much but hopefully as good as a thank you.

Camila went up to the attic and she saw Lauren curled up in a ball and scratching the hardwood with her nails.

Well, now I know how she keeps them sharp.

She also heard her sniff a few times like she'd been crying a few minutes ago. Camila put the plate away close to Lauren's bed.

"Don't come any closer Camila." Lauren said with a stern tone.

When Camila saw Lauren like this she realized that Lauren has things going on in her life that had probably driven her to make that deal with Normani, and thinking back about what she did this morning (which Camila has thought about a lot) it looks like Lauren got more things going on than what meets the eye. Honestly, at this point, Camila wanted to get to know her better because if she is capable of being nice like that then who knows, they could make something out of it one day. Besides, Camila read a Tumblr post saying that cheerful people are often the sad ones in the dark so seeing Lauren like this confirmed this for her.

And maybe it's too early for Camila to forgive Lauren for what she did to her but fuck it, she is stuck with her anyway. At least she can make the best of it rather than fighting with her all the time. Her school life is already full of shit so it's better to make her home life less fucked up than it already is.

"Okay, well you know I made you a fruit salad as a thank you for what you did because I really appreciate it, Lauren, and if you don't wanna talk about whatever it is that's bothering you then it's fine. We can talk about other things, or Ummm I can just leave if I'm bothering you too much."

Lauren thought about this as the perfect opportunity to kiss and make up with Camila, but it's really a bad time after she had such a horrible nightmare of Camila shooting her in the head again, so she was a little bit afraid of Camila after that.

Lauren still didn't want Camila to leave, she thought maybe she can make it better. At least she is trying since she came back again, so Lauren gestured for Camila to sit beside her, but keep a little distance. Camila was happy with that so she went and sat beside Lauren quietly, Camila noticed a lot of scratch marks on the hardwood of the attic, she got a bit sad because it must have been really hard for Lauren to keep doing this, probably to calm herself down after whatever she faced.

Camila looked at Lauren and she saw her eyes full of tears, but she also saw fear and it honestly broke Camila's heart to see Lauren crying. Lauren is always smiling and being goofy and reckless about life and everything so seeing her broken and crying feels like seeing the other side of the hidden moon, which is heartbreaking especially because she can't really help her now, but be there for her and hopes it will be enough for now.

So, Camila got up and got the fruit salad and went back to her place and put it in front of Lauren.

"Try it. Who knows, you might like it."

Lauren wiped her tears with the back sleeve of Camila's clothes then she tried some of the fruit salad. Lauren's eyes got wide because she didn't expect it to taste this good. She rarely ate anything at all.

"It's really delicious, thanks."

"Yeah? Well, I'm glad."

They both sat in comfortable silence even though Lauren still had her doubts, but it was just a nightmare and voices. She still loves Camila's company nevertheless. Lauren leaned closer to Camila until their shoulders were touching. It's very ironic for Lauren to do this considering she's the one who told Camila not to come any closer.

"I have nightmares - really bad ones. It always comes on moonless nights. It's always about the day when my parents died, and I always get killed after..."

"I'm sorry you have to go through that every time, are you okay?"

"Well kind of, you are making it better..."

Camila smiled after hearing that. It does actually feel good being there for someone else. She wishes someone would be able to stand against her parents and school, that's not to say that she isn't grateful for Dinah and Ally - she is, but she can't bear to put their lives at risk for her.

"Camila...actually you know I don't really wanna hurt people or kill them or anything at all.. it's just ummm beast instincts I guess, but I'm really trying to control myself and not hurt anyone else. I'm just sick of living in fear and having nightmares and keep on running away knowing that people want to kill me because the past of my family is getting really frustrating."

Camila stayed quiet listening to Lauren attentively, Lauren actually wanted to change. It's very funny how we call people like her beasts that shouldn't live in our world and should be killed while it's something she can't control, but at least trying to; while there are people out there who would actually kill and hate their own kind for just loving another person or even for their skin color. How fucked up is that, and maybe Camila doesn't know who the real beasts are, but it's definitely not Lauren.

Lauren looked at Camila observing her after what she had told her. She looked like she had some questions to ask, but held against it and looked at something behind her. She figured what it was and kept on eating her food, waiting for her to ask about the book.

"Lauren what is that book about??" Camila asked while pointing at the book.

"Umm, how to treat humans right? Isn't that obvious..." Lauren looked back at Camila with an arched eyebrow.

Camila was still confused because she had never seen or read a book like that before. Also, was there a way to treat all humans right?? Isn't everyone different?

"Like how so exactly??" Camila asked softly.

"Like for example showing them affection or making them happy...like this" Lauren leaned forward and captured Camila's lips, Camila was stunned for a few seconds then kissed back. Camila tasted some of the flavors of the fruit salad on Lauren's lips and for some reasons the flavors taste ten times better from them, and well at least Camila agrees that's the way to treat her right.

When they pulled back Camila hesitated to open her eyes because of what happened last time.

"Hey, it's okay I'm still Lauren you can open your eyes. I'm not gonna hurt you Camz, that just tends to happen when I try new things so what happened once won't happen twice."

Lauren pecked Camila's lips to reassure her that she won't hurt her.

Camila opened her eyes slowly and she was met with Lauren's green eyes and soft smile, Camila felt so grateful and happy she secretly thanked God if they ever existed. She hugged Lauren so tightly and thought that's the only peace she would rather stay in than anywhere else, embraced by the beauty of those green eyes and held tightly by the moon.

Since Lauren said that Camila staying with her is making her feel better, Camila thought about well what if she slept with her in the same bed? It might help her since Lauren has been sleeping all alone in the attic and it would stop the wood scratching for a while.

Lauren liked the idea of being close to Camila to that point and said without thinking ahead

"Yes of course I would love to."

"What? Love to what?"

Camila pulled back and looked at her confusedly.

Oh, fuck this mind-reading bullshit Lauren thought.

"Nothing I mean uhh Camila is there something you want to ask me?"

"Um maybe..."

"Yes, I'm listening."

"Would you umm.. like to sleep in my room? Instead of sleeping in here because-"

"Yes, I would love to!!!"

Lauren got up and held out her hand for Camila as always and Camila took it. Camila has always thought this was such a nice thing that Lauren keeps on doing. Camila also took the plate of the fruit salad since Lauren finished it, Camila didn't want her mom to ask about it since her dishes are so precious to her.

Camila went to the kitchen and told Lauren to wait for her in the bedroom. When Camila came back to her room, she opened the door and she saw Lauren taking her clothes off to take a shower. Camila was stunned by the beauty of her skin and her long hair that looked like a waterfall hiding her pale back. Lauren cleared her throat, making Camila jump and realize that she was staring at her while drooling.

Lauren blushed a little and took the towel and went in while Camila was so embarrassed by what happened she wanted to slap herself.

Way to go Camila.

Camila tried to occupy herself with her phone until Lauren comes out. She kept scrolling through Tumblr again and liking quotes that related to her in some ways, after some time Lauren got out and Camila went right away to shower so no awkward encounters would happen again.

After Camila finished, she saw Lauren observing her phone trying to see how that little device works while sitting on her bed.

Has she never seen a phone before in her life?

How cute...wait where exactly did she come from??

Camila's thoughts were cut off because she heard Lauren speaking to her.

"Camila how does this thing work?? And what is it called???"

Camila chuckled before answering the confused green-eyed girl, she looked like a lost puppy.

"That's a phone and you can use it for a lot of stuff like listening to music and talking to friends and watch some videos."

The little device started to vibrate and ring indicating a call, Lauren jumped away and looked at Camila amused.

"It's singing and moving, look at it."

"It's ringing that's all." Camila took her phone to see who was calling and it was her mom. She took the call and Lauren kept looking at her with the same amused look, after she finished the call Lauren asked:

"Your phone can talk!!!"

"No, that was just my mom."

Lauren walked closer to Camila and whispered

"Your mom is the phone talking??"

"No, that's not what I meant and why are you whispering?"

"So your phone mommy won't hear me."

Camila couldn't hold her laugh anymore at Lauren's lacking knowledge of the phone.

Right, she didn't live among humans. I should teach her a thing or two.

Lauren looked at Camila confused while the girl with brown eyes was dying of laughter.

"What is so funny?"

"Oh, Lauren nothing, I will tell you all about it later. Now let's go to sleep. It's really late." Camila said while wiping the tears from her eyes because of laughter.

"Well, what about your dad? What if he wanted to check on you and came in here while we are sleeping?"

"Don't worry about that. They would only come to do this if I was late to school, but I'm gonna make sure to put an alarm and wake up early so they wouldn't have to do that. Meanwhile, you can go to the attic again since I will be in school."

"Alright."

And with that the girls went to sleep in the bed, Camila slept on her left side and so Lauren wrapped her arms around her waist and hugged her tightly before going to sleep. Camila felt at ease as she held Lauren's hands and fell asleep.

---

When Camila woke up to shut off the alarm she saw Lauren still sleeping peacefully. She looked so calm and beautiful. It's like seeing a beautiful work of art in the gallery. Camila thought she could get used to waking up next to Lauren every day, yes she could get used to this.

Camila did her morning routine while Lauren was still sleeping. Before Camila went down the stairs she kissed Lauren's cheek and closed the door. At that moment Lauren woke up frightened, she looked around but she didn't find Camila.

Oh, right it's morning, she has school...

Fuck that nightmare.

Lauren got up and washed her face, brushed her teeth, and went to the attic. She jumped out of the window and went hunting.

After 3 days of them cuddling every night and Lauren being thankful for Camila every day (because this is the first time her nightmares don't bother her as much, which makes her wake up less, but at least being able to sleep) Lauren felt really happy that Camila made it better. And well Camila coming back home tired, mad, and other times a bit happy, Lauren wondered what is that so-called 'school'. She came back like this every time, so she decided one day to follow her and see for herself.

So, everything went as usual except when Lauren jumped out of the window to hunt, she went after Camila keeping a distance so she wouldn't notice her and because Lauren saw two other human girls walking by her side.

Hmmm these must be her two best friends she told me about, Dinah and Ally...

TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE & SEXUAL ASSAULT

Their voices were loud, especially that Dinah girl. Lauren wondered if they could tell each other secrets without the whole street knowing about it, she even heard some stories and laughed at it. When they reached their destination Lauren realized that she can't go in, it's too risky, too many humans are in there and Camila already disappeared inside. So if Lauren wanted to go in and find her, she would probably make a blood circus before finding her so she went behind the school. There was almost nobody there and decided to wait for her until she'd come out.

Lauren got tired of waiting and fell asleep. Meanwhile, Camila had a normal annoying day. Her two best friends went to their homes early because they had some things to do with their families and so Camila decided she would go behind the school and read a book under a tree before going back home. She called her parents to let them know and went on.

While she was reading her book and getting to the exciting part some fucking jerk pulled her book and threw it away.

Fuck it's Austin.

"Did you miss me Camila? You know I missed you so of course you would. You know you should consider yourself lucky since I'm the guy of every girl's dream and I chose you to be my girl."

Camila looked at him with a disgusted look on her face.

"Yeah I missed you being away from me, as far as possible because I was having such a great time reading that book until you had to come and ruin it." Camila said with an upset look on her face.

"Camila you don't need to read while I'm here or how about you trying to read what I'm about to do to you right now."

Camila pushed him away and realized nobody else was here so if she screamed for help no one would hear. He had a strange look on his face and Camila didn't like that at all. He went on to grab her and push her against the tree. He took a hold of her hands and started to feel the side of her thigh up. Camila screamed for help, for someone, for anything to happen and stop what is going on right now, but there was nobody out there. She closed her eyes and tears went falling down until...

Lauren was sleeping until she heard a voice alerting her up. A few feet away she saw Camila screaming and being held against a tree and the guy was trying to...

WHAT THE FUCK????? CAMILAAA

Lauren ran at the speed of light and held her fist. She punched his face with so much strength she heard a thing or two breaking, either his nose or his jaw. He fell to the ground groaning. He held his face tightly with his hands in a vain attempt to stop the bleeding as he stumbled to get back up. Lauren turned to Camila and touched her cheek so softly and wiped the tears. When Camila opened her eyes and was met with her favorite green eyes she had never felt so relieved and safe in her whole life. She hugged Lauren right away and cried on her shoulder. Lauren was trying to reassure her everything was going to be fine and not to worry at all until she heard that guy's nasty voice again.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking bitch how could you do that do you even have any idea who the fuck I am slut?!!!!!" his loud mouth implied it was his nose that had shattered, but he'd gotten back to his feet.

Lauren's pupil turned into a sharp line and she told Camila to stay where she is and that everything is going to be just fine. Lauren started to walk to the guy that had the nerve to touch her Camila like that. Lauren was boiling with anger to the point where she thought she was going to turn into her beast side.

Lauren easily pushed him back to the ground. She looked down on him as she tore his hand from his face. She pulled on it and kicked him as hard as she could at the joint, which easily bent to the other side. Austin was screaming out in pain to the point where he cried and tried begging for Lauren to leave him alone, Lauren looked at Camila and asked

"Do you forgive him yet?" Camila shook her head on both sides as a no.

"Well, you saw her answer buddy." Lauren looked back at him again and he pissed himself. He saw it coming and tried to lift his functional arm to block her fist, but the reaction was just too slow. Lauren punched him in the face repeatedly until he spat out one of his own teeth. She stopped and allowed him to flip over so he could breathe through all the blood.

His screams and cries had slowly stopped as he'd grown too exhausted, but Lauren already missed the sound. She pressed the hand that had dared to touch Camila's thigh against the ground and grabbed onto the first finger. He was probably in too much pain to even feel it, but as she swiftly bent it to point straight up he let out an ear-piercing shriek so loud that you couldn't even hear the crack. She held him in place but clearly felt him tremble in fear as she grabbed onto the second one. His coughs and whimpers were probably an attempt at telling her to stop, but had he listened when Camila told him no?

His screams grew louder and louder for each broken finger and the louder he screamed the more Lauren wanted to break his bones, so she decided it was time to finish off by moving to his legs.

"Since you fucking dared to even walk so close to Camila to do that fucked up thing, I'm gonna make sure you won't be able to walk to her ever again." Lauren said with a dark stern tone.

Lauren flipped him back onto his back and took a hold of his ankle. She pulled on it hard and kicked down on his knee with all of her might. It bent just as easily as another one of his fingers, but with a much louder crack echoing around them. Austin cried out in a voice that barely even sounded human anymore. Lauren turned his ankle to the side as hard as she could, as soon as she heard the bones breaking she let go of him.

She kicked him a few times in his stomach to release the last of her aggression. He almost couldn't even cry anymore. Now he was just whimpering on the ground.

"You know you should be thankful because I was gonna cut you to pieces, but lucky for you I was mad to the point of wanting to break you. At least you didn't die, yeah?"

Camila almost felt sorry for him, but he deserved everything, to be honest. Hopefully, now he will stop harassing her and every girl he sees. Lauren got down to him and said:

"Listen if you ever tried to do anything again or even look at her the next thing I will break is your fucking neck."

Lauren started to walk towards Camila to hug her again and finally go home, they saw Shawn running to Austin with a shocked and terrified look and so Lauren spoke again.

"You should take good care of your guy you know and make sure he doesn't come close to Camila ever again. Even if he was walking in the same hall as her, pull him away to a different hall or I will break his fucking neck."

And with that Lauren held Camila's hand and walked home. Even though Camila felt safe and happy Lauren was there, she was still disturbed by what she saw, and hearing his bones break made her cringe to no end, but she is not mad at Lauren at all. She still thinks he deserves it all.

When they reached Camila's house Lauren went to the window of the attic and jumped to it. Camila got her and Lauren something to eat, both of them were really tired and didn't want to speak about what happened. Maybe another time so they can get their heads clear about the events that have happened.

They both went to sleep with the same cuddling position and the next morning Camila woke up, got ready, and left as usual. When Lauren woke up and did her routine, she noticed a note on Camila's desk. She read it thinking Camila left it for her, but boy was she mistaken because when she read it, she felt her anger rising, it said...

Leave Jauregui, you are not wanted here.

"..."

To be continued...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guilt...

  I feel guilty for not being able to help my family, specifically my sister. She tries her best efforts to stay in a job that barely pays her so she can give me allowance. I feel guilty for only knowing how to write about it, I really feel useless, despite trying to learn how to improve other skills of mine that could bring us money, I still haven’t achieved anything so far. I can only write these blog posts talking about how I feel. Maybe someone could read and relate, maybe they could read and get entertained. I don’t know, but all I'm hoping for is relief, a way, a solution that could truly help us. You know feeling guilt is a lot like feeling as if a dark cloud is hovering over you, it may not rain, but it's blocking the sunlight to the point where all you are seeing is darkness, your own light getting dimmed. You feel yourself slipping away into a box where all the voices you hear are repeating what you don’t want to hear. That’s how I feel right now, the deeper I try to ...

Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson

  Book Review This true crime thriller follows Frank, a rich, cheating, and dishonest husband. He is married to Nancy, a kind woman who goes to church every day and is deeply in love with him. Despite this, Frank wants his wife dead by any means necessary. He hires someone to kill her, but in a surprising turn of events, the bullet misses Nancy. After that, things only spiral further as Frank and the killer begin to turn on each other. Before I start, I should mention that I haven’t read the story in a while, so I might miss a few details. Also, this review contains spoilers . There are three main things I want to focus on: Frank’s hatred for Nancy, the sense of irony in the story, the idea that Frank had no way out, and another direction for the story. The story explores themes like betrayal, marriage, cheating, hatred, and lying. As a reader, this honestly made me uncomfortable in a very real way. It puts you in Nancy’s position. Imagine being with someone who not only cheats on ...

Don't Take It Off

 Chapter One It was a boring Saturday for Camila since there was nothing to do, she decided to watch Netflix until something interesting else click in her mind, her family was out for the day and won't come back until it was past midnight. So, while she was watching an unfamiliar movie, she heard something breaking in her kitchen, Camila flinched and thought but how could it be??? I'm alone tonight. So, without any hesitation, Camila went and grabbed one of her dad's guns from the closet in her parent's room. Camila went to the kitchen to find a woman wearing a black mask to hide some of her face, except those piercing green eyes. Her skin was pale, Camila can tell that the woman with raven hair is taller than her and she had some weird kind of energy that surrounds her. It made Camila feel lightheaded, the woman spoke with fear in her voice "Please don't shoot I'm not here to steal anything please just put the gun away" "if you are no...